Archive for July 12th, 2007
- I added a pillow to my sleeping arrangement and had a much better night last night – thank god. And a big thank you to my husband who took my usual shift and tended to the dogs in the early morning so that I could sleep an extra two hours. TWO HOURS.
- The bearded guys (above) are all done and, according to the kitty genius blog, they’re going to be $35/each. Now we just need to figure out which we want and where we’ll put them before they’re all gone!
- I’m not quite the right kind of nerdy to properly enjoy this (read: I’ve never seen Dr. Who), but: Dalek cupcakes.
- Oh, no! From the New York Times: “A first-of-its-kind study released in May by the University of Pittsburgh concluded that parenthood demonstrably reduces physical activity, while marriage has only a negligible effect.” …That absolutely terrifies me. We must be vigilant. I keep telling myself it’ll be different for us because we both work at home, but I certainly haven’t remained properly active through my pregnancy…
- These Envirosax are tempting — great price — but I’m very bad at remembering to take/use my own bags at the grocery.
- How cute is this zine? I might’ve ordered one but they were sold out by the time I saw the link.
- I’m tempted to order this underbed shoe organizer while it’s on sale, but I’m
read, er, listening to the audiobook of IT’S ALL TOO MUCH right now and the author practically begs you not to make any purchases until you’ve at least started decluttering first. Or maybe it’s until you’ve finished reading…? I don’t remember. I know it’s not RIGHT NOW, though. (It’s apparently very common to react to clutter by… buying more stuff. Thus the incredible success of places like the Container Store.)
- Speaking of decluttering, I have got to do something about my books. Here’s one idea.
- Third Trimester: I’m nesting. This staircase wouldn’t work in our house, but it’s killing me, nonetheless. Other home/design blogs I consume with my one morning coffee: Shelterrific, Decor8 and Apartment Therapy Nursery. I’m also a huge fan of Posie Gets Cozy. Also, did I already post this nursery?
- The kitchen has been on hold for most of the week as the subcontractor doing the countertops apparently didn’t do what they were supposed to do when they were supposed to do it.