Stay on Target, Stay on Target
Bit of a braindump, this post. Fair warning.
- First, Fraction’s in NYC and you can see him on Monday if you like.
Details: On Monday, April 14th, Hanley’s welcomes four of the biggest stars in the Marvel Universe; Brian Michael Bendis (Secret Invasion), Jeph Loeb (Hulk), Ed Brubaker (Captain America) and Matt Fraction (Punisher War Journal). With 11 Eisner Awards and 14 top selling books between them, this quartet of writers dominates the comic industry like none other. With special guest, editor Jen Grunwald, fans can meet these incredible creators from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
- Family Friend Craig Moorhead and his National Geographic colleagues are nominated for some Webby Awards. How to vote for Craig and his fellows here.
- Fraction’s got a great interview on his new Iron Man book up on CBR here. (Do me a favor and read the full interview at CBR and not the out of context quotes reposted elsewhere with a misleading and inflammatory introduction.)
- Going to Heroes Con? Fraction and I are! All the cool kids are, I hear. This panel ought to be a hoot:
THE CREATIVE HOUSEHOLD | Room 219There are a surprising number of couples in comics where both partners are working in the industry in some capacity; and most of them are attending this year’s HeroesCon! Tom Spurgeon of the Comics Reporter sits down with three of them: Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick, Stuart and Kathryn Immonen, and Evan Dorkin and Sarah Dyer. This discussion of the ins and outs of where work and love meets is bound to be one of the most entertaining panels you’ll go to at ANY convention this year, so be sure and add it to your schedule!
More panels and the full schedule here.
- Aaaaand I wanted to talk about being a freelancer and a mom without a schedule and what dangerous waters those are, but the boy is awake and needs my attention. So, more on that later, I guess.