Morels and More
- For my Twitter pals, I’m cooking up those morels tonight. I plan to rinse them twice, saute them in butter and serve them with sirloin. They’re supposed to compliment red meat well. (I’m still working on that baby weight, so I’ll just have a little.)
- I need to be drinking more water and I want to quit using so many plastic bottles. Tap water doesn’t do it for me, alas. We keep a Brita pitcher on the counter and a glass carafe in the fridge. I just put some ginger slices in the carafe and I seem to remember stumbling upon some herbed water “recipes” at some point. Blueberry and rosemary? Am I remembering that right? Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions? Lemon, mint and cucumbers seem the next most obvious choices.
- I haven’t had much time to knit lately so I haven’t been too active on Ravelry, but I check in every once in a while to see how folks are doing and man, oh, man. I’m so proud of Casey and Jess I could pop. POP, I say.
- It looks like Jo Anne, a friend of mine from college, is going to be able to babysit for us three evenings in San Diego, so I think Miss April will stay here and housesit. Problem: solved. Whew! I couldn’t bear to leave Henry for that long and as much as I’d like to take April to SDCC we’re not quite to the traveling-with-your-nanny tax bracket, you know? Maybe one day. Anyway, looks like we’ll get to go to the Eisners! Woo hoo! I’m going to buy a new dress, I think. (I know, I know – I’ve heard they’re unbearably long and dull. I don’t care.)
- I’m returning those jeans. They just don’t wow me. And I know the whole ‘cute little skater girl’ thing was meant as a positive, but I’m 37. Teenager is not exactly the aesthetic I’m trying to cultivate, dig? (Somehow the same jeans look terribly sophisticated on Hillary! Oh, well. I’ll find some jeans. This is hardly a tragedy.)
- Uh… Henry’s asleep. I should get back to work. Also? I need to eat something. I’ve got the low blood sugar shakes. I’ll add links to this entry later.
Leave a Reply