Check it out, I look like I was drawn by Greg Tocchini!
Okay, so I dropped the ball on the 5 blog posts a week thing. Progress, not perfection, right?
- First off, FEAR ITSELF #2 is out today! Pick it up at your local comic book shop or order online from Midtown Comics!
- Big thanks to Marvel West for inviting us to the Thor premiere in Hollywood. The movie was gorgeous and we had a lot of fun. (Not for anything, but I have to say my husband was smoking hot in his suit.)
- Also also, I stood about 4 feet from Tadanobu Asano and I meeped.
- I’m starting to see the colors come in on Supergirl 65 and they’re pretty, pretty, pretty.
- MTV Geek News had some nice things to say about Osborn 5.
Well… so much for updating every day. All I can do is try, I guess. Mini post today:
- Osborn 5 preview! Last issue, folks. Out on Wednesday. Sniff.
- In other Osborn-related news, I trust you all saw this tweet from Mr. Brian M. Bendis?! Very, very exciting stuff.
- I have an Amazon Author Page.
- And a Good Reads Author Page.
- Both pages list the books I’ve adapted as well as the books I’ve authored as being “my books,” which is odd, but there doesn’t seem to be an alternative. Let me therefore state for the record that I am not laboring under some delusion that I am the “author” of Fruits Basket or Slam Dunk or Blue Spring, okay? I wrote the English adaptations. We cool? Sweet.
More when things slow down here a bit.
Hey, just as a quick reminder–Osborn 3 is out at your local comic shop tomorrow and IGN thinks you should buy it.
Who am I to argue with IGN?
The week between Christmas and New Year’s is usually one of my favorites. It feels like stolen time, time off the calendar, set aside for reflection and recharge. This year… not so much. The kids are off school, I’m exhausted, tight on my deadlines and I’m not finding the time to take proper care of myself, let alone time for luxuries like New Year’s Resolutions or whatnot. I’m fighting to keep my chin up and to keep from giving in to a certain amount of self-pity.
Well… as is perhaps obvious from this post, I’m losing that last battle. For the moment, anyway.
I feel like an ass for complaining. I have a very good life and a family I adore.
I’m just tired, I guess.
All right. Enough of that.
Hey, look–shiny things!
Oh, one more thing: today’s my mom’s birthday. Happy birthday, Mama.
Okay, then. I now return you to your regularly scheduled moping.
Hey, soooo… this got announced:
Norman Osborn went from being maniacal super-villain the Green Goblin to the most powerful man in the Marvel Universe as the director of H.A.M.M.E.R. and Iron Patriot, leader of the Dark Avengers. Then he pushed his power a little too far during Siege, and ended up in The Raft, Marvel’s maximum-maximum security prison.
But being locked up isn’t going to stop someone like him, as readers will find out in five-issue miniseries Osborn, starting in November from writer Kelly Sue DeConnick and artist Emma Rios, with covers by Ben Oliver. Osborn may be incarcerated with the worst of the worst, but it turns out they’re fans of his work.
Judging by the responses on Twitter, Fraction’s spotlight panel went swimmingly. Henry went to a birthday party and ate some cake–and Tallulah hasn’t spit up on anyone yet. So today’s been a pretty amazing day for us.